Wednesday 4 November 2020

National Poetry Day Competition


NATIONAL POETRY DAY COMPETITION

We had our own poetry competition to celebrate. 

Children from Nursery to Year 6 wrote poetry on the National Poetry Day theme of ‘COLOUR

The best poems were selected and the winners awarded poetry books.

Joanna – Amethyst Class

Noemie – Violet Class

Oscar – Indigo Class

Liam – Tanzanite Class

Milo – Blue Class

Jessica - Sapphire Class

Asuadoba - Green Class

Oscar – Diamond Class

Ruby Class


Well done!


Take a moment to read one of the winning poems!


Beautiful bright colours.

Red, the colour of a glamorous rose.

the thing I like is their beautiful pose.

we all love the colour red.

I've even got it on my bed!

 

Orange, personally my favourite one,

 I just find everything about the colour really quite fun,

we all love the colour orange,

I sometimes even have it with my porridge!

 

Yellow, the colour of the sun,

I find this colour quite a ton,

we all love the colour yellow.

It looks well a quite fellow.

 

Green, I see it every once in a while,

but. I've never seen it on a tile,

we all love the colour green,

who likes it? My dad and me.

 

Blue, the colour of the sky,

also, the colour of a blueberry pie,

we all love the colour blue,

but it's never the colour of a clue.

 

Purple, emmmmmmm….

 It doesn't rhyme. Let's skip it.

It's a bit of a waste of time.

 

Pink, reminds me of love.

 Sometimes reminds me of a dove.

We all love the colour pink.

It can even be in a drink.

 

White, the colour of the moon.

It can be a mushrooms gloom,

we all love the colour white,

I've also found it on a rope really quite tight.

 

Brown, reminds me of a broken crown,

but never reminds me of a frown.

 We all love the colour brown—also the colour of a house in a town.

 

Black, the colour of a rucksack,

also, can be the colour of a backpack,

we all like the colour black, It also rhymes with tic-tac.

Milo – Blue Class

Beautiful!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment